Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Why? or Why Not?

The question of why is always around us in everything that we do. However, each time we try to answer one level of why there is always another one to answer. I have been asked "Why are you training for an ironman?" It may seem a little crazy, but there really isn't a question of "why" to be answered.

For me, it is simply a goal for a way of life that I have selected to follow. I try to eat right and exercise so I can remain on this planet long enough to watch my kids have kids and to give useless advice to my grandchildren. Completing an ironman really isn't a "why" but rather a "why not". The event itself is actually only one day. Not very significant, but the events leading up to it are something special. If people exercise regularly, I ask them "why not?" Why not try to spend one day doing something that you do almost every day...exercise?

You can think of this another way as well. At work, ask yourself "why do I do this every day?" Hopefully, you respond with something such as it is a path that you have selected and enjoy doing every day. If you answer with something other than that, I wish you luck in finding happiness.

Do something today that will make someone ask you "why". You won't regret it and you may even create a little happiness in your corner of the world.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment