Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Getting Off the Ground

Good afternoon all,

All new beginnings start with an idea or in my case losing a job in the worse economy in almost a century. Beginnings don't have to start with pain. They can start with a plan. A plan provides direction and if done properly can provide measurements along the way to keep one on target to succeed.

No matter where we are in life, we need a plan. A simple plan to buy groceries to an elaborate estate retirement plan. One thing that most of us lack is a career plan. Most often each of us justify the jobs that we are in by quantifying the pay, the hours, or convenience. However, the few of us that actually plan out our careers have the greatest chance of achieving those goals.

There are not many CEO's out there that woke up one morning asking themselves how they got there. More than likely they made it happen with a plan that was written down. Therefore, I am now starting to write down my career goals with small steps to achieve the greater goal. I don't want to be CEO of some large conglomerate. I am looking for the freedom to use my professional experience to make healthcare professionals more efficient.

Step one was to partner with someone that shares my ideas, Steve McAllister and McAllister Development Services. Step two was to create a website to illustrate our services which can be viewed at www.developmentservices.us/projects/healthcare/healthcare.html. I don't need to bore you with my details. You need to get cracking on your own!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment