Sunday, August 16, 2009

TIME out!

Good afternoon all,

The last three days I've focused on finding a business opportunity that I can operate. A friend of mine stated that the first thing to think about when starting your own business is to think of what do you want the company to look like when you sell it. I didn't understand this at first. I asked why would I want to sell my own business. He simply stated that eventually you won't be able to take it with you so you are going to want to sell it. Therefore, when starting a business focus on what it will look like when you sell it.

After some thought this makes perfect sense. I'm thankful to have a network of people I can bounce ideas off for a better understanding. With that I spent an afternoon working on a business plan for a potential opportunity. Although there is a great deal of work to complete, the business plan is making me feel closer to a decision. Wish me luck!

As for this today, I still need to do the things I love and biking is one of them. I spent the morning biking a 90 mile race in Wisconsin. I was with 5 friends that made the journey all the better. For the 4 hours it took to complete the race I didn't know that I was unemployed and it was a GREAT feeling. Now its back to reality with a sore ---!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment