Thursday, October 1, 2009

Been a While

Good evening all,

It has been a great while since my last post. A great deal has happened and yet so much is still the same. What is the same are the kids are growing, the grass needs mowing, and meal time is still juggling act. The career path is morphing before my eyes into how can I create a market for my talents without working for a large corporate juggernaut.

In the last 6 weeks the availability of open positions have increased, but the number of applicants have also increased more. The competition is fierce and any flaws on a resume, appearance, speech, etc and you will be passed over. The single best method to obtain an interview is to find a friend or acquaintance in the company you wish to work so your resume can be delivered directly to the hiring manager. Without this step, you are almost always wasting your time. There are just too many people sending resumes electronically to job openings.

However, I have been rejuvenated by helping a friend of mine garner more business for his company. I'm using all my professional contacts to help him succeed. His success ultimately leads to my working independence and financial freedom. It is extremely invigorating to know that hard work will pay off without being a link in the chain. Although it is only two weeks into this endeavor I am cautiously optimistic of the results. We have a 90 day plan as a check point to see how sales are going with two appointments booked so far. This is the ultimate test in my ability and I am all-in!

By the way, 90 days takes us to Christmas. It could either be a great Christmas season or I get a lump of coal!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment